Qualityze Podcast : 5 Businesses That Transformed Perspective of Change Management for Better
Efforts are being made daily to improve performance, increase profits, and enhance your competitive advantage within your organization. These efforts translate into a change initiative in process, design, and SOPs. It could be implementing technology to make your workforce more mobile, reengineering a process to assure regulatory compliance, or revamping the customer experience across the enterprise. You need change management to achieve the intended outcomes in all of these changes.
Almost every organization undergoes a transition or change to scale and thrive at some point in its development. For example, your business can undergo significant changes if you onboard new employees, grow a department, or merge with another company.
Undoubtedly, organizational Change can be intimidating to all team members affected by it. Therefore, we all resist it even though we know that Change is the only constant.
Understanding the organizational change process is essential, primarily if you oversee or guide employees through it. In addition, if you know how to approach Change, you can use it as an opportunity for growth and advancement.
Check out this guide on how to navigate organizational change management.
The change management process involves guiding groups, organizations, and individuals through transitioning from one business model, technology, or process to another. A change’s success depends on how members adapt to new practices. People are the key to managing change. Aside from that, it helps to repurpose resources and implement new technologies. Organizations can hire external consultants to identify, initiate, and monitor change-related activities or assign change management activities to internal teams. The following principles guide the management of change:
The discipline of change management shows us how to prepare, equip, and support individuals to adopt change successfully and drive organizational success. When organizations support individuals through their change journeys, they can:
Related Article: Explain 5 Levels of Change Management
Implementing changes smoothly and without issues requires a change management process. Ensure success by following this five-step process.
The goal of the planning stage is to develop a plan for implementing the change. Their plan will include identifying who will be responsible for each task and creating a timeline.
The preparation stage involves preparing employees for the change. First, they will explain the difference and what employees can expect. Also, they will train employees on using the new system or procedure.
Implementation involves putting the change into practice. By working closely with employees, the change management team will ensure that the change is implemented correctly.
Monitoring involves keeping track of the changes to ensure they proceed as planned. Of course, making any necessary adjustments will also achieve a successful transition.
Change management teams will evaluate the implementation and success of the change in the evaluation stage. Furthermore, they will recommend improvements to areas that need improvement.
The preparation of employees for upcoming changes in an organization is crucial when changes are taking place. Communication of the change early and often, training, and support can all help this process. In addition, the employees need to know why and what the change means. They may become disgruntled if they aren’t provided with this information.
A plan ensures everyone is on board when leading a change. Organizations are changing and need to manage change effectively. Your employees can be successful during the transition by following these steps.
“Your success in life isn’t based on your ability to change. It is based on your ability to change faster than your competition, customers, and business.” – Mark Sanborn.
In an organization, employees can often be resistant to change. Therefore, change management is vital – it ensures everybody understands and is on the same page regarding the reasons for the change and how to adjust. Change management has many benefits, including:
1. Increased communication within an organization: Employees are more likely to communicate effectively when they are appropriately informed about changes.
2. A clear plan leads to increased productivity: By having a clear plan in place, employees can focus on their work rather than worrying about how they will implement the changes.
3. Boosted employee morale: Clarity and structure help decrease employee stress when uncertainty about the future looms.
4. A higher level of motivation and positivity: If employees feel included and their concerns are heard, they will have a higher level of motivation and positivity.
5. The importance of creativity: Employees’ creativity can be unleashed through change management by exploring new ways to accomplish tasks.
6. The ability to make better decisions: Change management can help people make better decisions by establishing a straightforward decision-making process.
A few key factors must be kept in mind when introducing change in an organization:
1. Plan the change: Include the reasons behind the change, how it will be implemented, and what results to expect.
2. Communication is key: Information about changes is essential for employees to understand why they are taking place and how they can adapt to them.
3. Setting realistic expectations: Employees need to be realistic about how long they will need to adjust to changes. Everyone may need some time to adjust to change, and it doesn’t happen overnight.
4. Provide employees with opportunities to contribute: It is important to encourage employees to provide feedback on change initiatives so that changes are implemented in an equitable manner.
5. Assist with the change process: When employees face challenges or setbacks, clear communication channels are key to getting the help they need.
6. Identify and celebrate success along the way: Embracing and celebrating progress along the way is critical when facing change. Continual change can reinforce positive behaviors and motivate employees.
Organizations can implement change more effectively and efficiently by following these tips for successful change management
The right tools and resources are crucial to successful change management. The following are some of the most important:
1. Effective Change management software: It allows employees to access information faster by automating the change management process.
2. The use of change management templates: Templates help to ensure that everyone follows the same approach when implementing change, thus minimizing confusion.
3. Leadership training: Success in implementing change depends on properly training employees.
4. Change management resources: From articles and ebooks to webinars and workshops, you can find many resources online and in print for change management. Alternatively, training management software can be integrated with change management to guarantee all employees are prepared for upcoming changes.
5. Putting together a change management team: Employees need support to cope with change and to manage it effectively.
6. Obtaining employee feedback regularly: Establishing regular communication with employees can help organizations better understand their needs and concerns.
Having access to these tools and resources will help you succeed no matter what changes you enact at your company or what you learn. Managing change successfully is possible with the right strategies in place!
Here are five businesses that transformed the perspective of change management for better:
With great leadership and communication, John King helped British Airways turn around an incredibly difficult time and become profitable. He restructured the entire organization. In order to accomplish this, he decided to implement a change management plan.
Using change management, Netflix was able to meet the needs of consumers watching content online. But, once upon a time, its long-term sustainability depended on its ability to manage the change to a digital future.
In 2018, Netflix subscribers grew from 23 million in 2011 to over 137 million. Because DVDs were on their way out, the business had no choice but to trust their change management plan.
When Domino’s Pizza hit its all-time low in 2008, it was struggling. It wasn’t easy to maintain a positive brand image despite the importance the business placed on it.
A successful change management program helped Domino’s Pizza get back on track in 2012. Through digital transformation, key transformation players were able to convince top management to embrace the turnaround initiative. As a result, the team’s enthusiasm eventually spread throughout the company.
After Domino’s Pizza implemented changes, its sales finally surpassed Pizza Hut for the very first time. An intelligent marketing strategy, creative ordering methods, and innovative technology helped things turn around in 2010.
Nokia had secured 40% of the market share in 2007 before smartphones entered the mainstream market. In five years, the Finnish organization had almost come to an end! In the first half of 2012, the company posted operating losses of more than $2 billion and shares plummeted.
What’s the problem? In the early days of the smartphone revolution, Nokia realized it had missed the opportunity to lead. So after hiring a new CEO, Nokia reinvented itself. In the wake of the company’s sale of its struggling mobile phone division to Microsoft, its focus shifted to mapping and networks.
Nokia could match ever-changing customer demands and competitive technologies through its Booster Program.
The Coca-Cola Company has experienced more change management challenges than any other organization. Coca-Cola’s bitter rival Pepsi aggressively targeted it in the 1980s.
As Coca-Cola reacts quickly to changing markets and acts proactively in anticipation of trends, change management is an integral part of its overall strategy.
Adapting to today’s dynamic marketplace requires continuous organizational changes to keep up with the constant changes in the market. You have the same goals regardless of your industry.
Organizations need to manage change effectively. To ensure that employees are on the same page, it is important to follow the change management process.
Related Article: Change Management Principles: How to Implement Them Effectively
Having a plan to help employees transition can make the transition less stressful. Implementing change effectively, efficiently, and while minimizing stress and confusion can be achieved by following the above-mentioned tips.
It would be even better to implement comprehensive change management software like Qualityze to streamline all your change-related activities hassle-free.
In case you would like more information, you can send us an email at email@example.com or you can contact us by phone at 1-877-207-8616, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.